Ampersands Galore!

Dan and I recently collaborated on a post about ampersands over at SimpleBits. I think after days of skimming through hundreds of fonts, I’ve developed chronic ampersand fever. My main symptom is a manic drive to incorporate this abbreviation into every aspect of my life, such as, but not limited to: desktop wallpapers. I figured I’d share the results of my passion with you kids.

Ampersand Wallpaper

Click on the format of your liking for hot download action:

I’m toying with the idea of releasing this in a few other colors, so if that sounds like a good idea, comment with the color you’d like to see.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

19 thoughts on “Ampersands Galore!

• Very nice! I’d like to request one in #036.

Now make the eiffel tower entirely from back ticks and tildes!

• Fantastic, I love this! I’d like one in Airbag Red™. :)

• Ooh, lovely. A dark type with a paler background would be lovely – how about Cornflower Blue?

• Comment by Lee
    August 14, 2008

I’m with you. I seriously love ampersands. This’ll go into my iphone- and desktop-wallpaper collections. Other colors – nah, I like gray :)

• Finally found a suitable background to replace my plain grey colour. Thanks.

• Comment by Jacob Rus
    August 14, 2008

You’re missing some of the best ones. In particular, some very stylish ampersands are stuck in the alternate glyphs section of various OS X fonts. Here’s a picture of all the interesting ampersands I could find among the default fonts: . Shoot me an email and I’ll send you an RTF file of that.

• I’d love to see it in red as well.

• Comment by joanne
    August 19, 2008

would love to see this in red or green (im a bit of a green freak!)

• Gives my MacBook an even more beautiful touch.

Loving it, loving ampersands.

• Comment by Jamis Charles
    September 23, 2008

I’d love to see the charts from simplebits as one desktop wallpaper. In that color, with the names. Just centered.

• Comment by Behnam
    April 17, 2009

Good job. Please consider making 1400×1050 versions as well.

• Comment by Sheel
    June 29, 2009

Nice idea, I like how it looks. & yes, ampersand totally rocks (see what I did there?).

Would be nice if you could zwoop out a 1024×600 resolution one as well, for the netbook people.

• nice bro!

• Comment by Elusian
    June 29, 2009

absolutly fantastic. I miss Netbook sizes (1024x576px and 1024x600px) ^^

• Great!
    really good idea, simple but yet fantastic!

• Thank you for sharing. Beautiful!

• Nice! I’m using it right now :D thank you! I’m feeling more ampersandtic!